Thursday, September 15, 2005

When friends drink Rum with Beer

Ok, I have this friend, who will go unnamed for the time being. He invited me over last night for some talk and a cocktail. I arrived a few minutes late. He answered the door looking lavish in a tan neck scarf and some fabulous Jackie O sunglasses. It was 10.30. We sat and talked and he offered me a drink. He had some rum, but the only mixers he had were, "water, gatorade, and beer." I peered into the fridge and he was not joking. I chose the gatorade. He chose the beer. We sat and talked for hours. It seemed like minutes by the time I left. Good friend. But I can't say I wasn't all too surprised when he called me this morning, too sick to work. I guess a real friend wouldn't let friends drink their rum and beer at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home