Tuesday, October 11, 2005

And get that screaming baby away from my car!

Chapter Seven.
In everyone's life there comes a time to get down to business. A time, when you need to just get things done and get somewhere. Doug and I reached this point on our final stretch of highway through Snoqualmie Pass. I don't think either of us could express how extremely beautiful the changing leaves of fall were. Flashes of orange, red and yellow mixed with the ever-long vastness of the green fir trees. Magnificent.

Slightly less magnificent was the final potty stop and snack pick up. Doug and I both decided we'd take one last pit stop before coming down the pass and pulling into the city of Seattle. Little did I know that as I left the mini-mart, a two year old child with ice cream would be fussing about, crying and shouting at his parents. This ice cream was not going to bother me. I mean hell, we'd killed so many a bug by driving at freeway speeds, a little mess on the door would be easy to wash off. But I'll be damned if those hick-a-billy parents of his did not swing the 7 foot door from their 1963 Impala wide open, nearly scratching and poking my newly purchased Audi! As Doug held me back from attacking the greasy-tank-topped-tubby, I shouted, "watch what you're doing...and get that screaming baby away from my car!"

Now that, ladies and gentleman, is getting things done!

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Pepperz said...

This is the 2nd post about how kids and Audis don't mix. Sounds like you need to downgrade to an 1975 Impala, honey.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Spence-a-lick said...

Me downgrade? I don't have any brown-pitted, greasy tank tops that are barely hanging on to my skin. If I did, and if I actually ate mayonaise sandwiches, then perhaps I could consider...

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm with you Spence. Children are not my friends. Imagine my horror when a child decided he wanted to be held after eating a PB&J and me in spendy cashmere sweater! Sooo not going to happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home