Friday, October 14, 2005

Job Hunting, Interviews and Creme Brulee Lattes

So, life has started to slow down. After Doug returned to Salt Lake I got on the phone and started my hunt for a job. I am proud to say that a lot of good has come from my efforts, with interviews, follow up interviews, etc... I am meeting with a potential employer for a second time this coming Monday. I feel pretty lucky to have the time that I do. I'll be honest, sometimes it's fun to do some searching or networking while I am sitting at the Seattle's Best on Post Alley right up from Pikes Market. The Creme Brulee Lattes are my seasonal beverage of choice.

Today marks three weeks in Seattle. Except of course for the weekend I had to fly back to Salt Lake to meet Bob and learn that our movers were delayed for the third straight time. I'll tell ya, yelling at movers helps, but unfortunately it doesn't get your stuff picked up any sooner. I never want to move again. Good luck with that, I know.

We have settled into a nice ritual that Bob and I like to call "dinner." I usually have the time to come up with something to eat when Bob gets back from work. The market is two blocks north and I pick up fresh veggies every other day. The sites and sounds of Seattle are soothing, even when I am unaware of where my next paycheck is coming from. I don't foresee a problem; I have convinced myself I will be working within a month. And considering the responses I've had, that seems more and more likely. Thank goodness for hard work and supportive companionship.

Speaking of hard work, martinis are a lot of fun. I realized this past weekend how much we both enjoy making them. So, I suppose if this whole Nursing Administration gig doesn't pan out, I could always work nights at the Split Olive.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Bibilui said...

so you are hunting for a job now? good luck.. are you moving from somewhere else to seattle? oh keep blogging anyway.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home