Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hittin' the showers

Ok, Ok! I know how this is going to sound. But please, just hear it through. I have a problem. That problem is old men in the communal showers at the gym. YUCK! Ok, I am not one to have many problems with people. If an elderly gentleman wants to go to the gym and try and beef up his longevity in this world, I salute. However, it is not okay for two early 60's-late 60's men with big ol tubbies and a fake tan that looks worse than sprayed on silicone to be talking it up while I'm trying to get cleaned up. I mean, c'mon people. Why do people even talk in the shower anyway? It's like, move at warp speed Scottie!! None of this, 'Hey Fred, haven't seen you in a while, how's work going?' WHAT? I DON'T THINK SO!

Ok, so it's not the end of the world, fine. But the truth is, for some reason, the conversation while taking a communal shower has lost it's momentum. I think it lost it a long while ago, say 2 or 3 generations. There was a point in life where young men, like myself, realized the truth of the communal... "When hittin' the showers, Get In 'N Get Out!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home