Sunday, October 29, 2006

Meet the relatives

Like I said in the previous post, Bobby's family came into town to visit us. Then Doug E Fresh. The next week after that, my brother and sister-in-law came out to see us. It was a great time. I had been working 60 hours a week on a lot of different projects, a couple of which I am particularly proud of. So, long and short, I needed a break to rejuvenate.

I took a couple of days with Mark and Becky and I think all I need to do now is find a job for the two of them school teachers and we can get them to move on out. The thing that I like most about my brother and his wife are that they come from a very judgmental background (the Mormons) but are so normal and considerate. They really make us feel like part of the family.

I love my family by the way. What strikes me as most refreshing is the ease of conversation and the familiarity of our acquaintance. It's as though nothing has stopped, we've taken no pauses, we are ready to pick it up where we left off. That makes it really easy to enjoy ourselves and have a good time. Which naturally, we did. We didn't get the kiddos out to the dance club or the bar but every moment was worth it. Sometimes the bars aren't worth it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home