Sunday, April 09, 2006

Simple Carbohydrates

They said that carbs were so bad for you. You know? Years have passed and carbohydrates aren't the evil lil' devils they were made out to be. But every now and then you'll hear, "there's a big difference between simple and complex carbs!"

I'd like to take a moment and examine the importance of both simple and complex things in life that can take us (or me) for a spin.

I learned this weekend that I much more enjoy playing the piano in place of hooking up my computer through midi cable patches and super sound card stations. The joy of playing a new ditty was washed away when I tried to get all "techno on it's ass" and record my song through a midi interface. Simple vs. Complex and complex got the best of me.

There's this friend of mine (hehe). This friend always finds the quickest solution to any dilemma he/she faces. Instantaneously, whether the connection is real or just a figment of the imagination he/she just goes with it. This friend started assuming he was no good, no longer "hot stuff," no longer necessary, no longer influential. That was the simple way out. And he sat all afternoon expanding on this simple notion. Rather than investing a little more time in the correct, be it complex, solution to his problem, he chose the simple way out. Simple vs. Complex and simple got the best of him.

So, here I try. Simple things in life are most often sweet when they involve the gracious art of a brushstroke or feverish tickle of the old ivories. And more often than not, the complex in life can be the answer to many a thought provoking strife.

Apparently I turn into Gandhi around midnight on a Sunday night.

2 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger craiger said...

Ahh, Spence. Good to have you back online! Great seeing you, albeit briefly!

Turning into Ghandi probably isn't half as bad as blathering about things like the moon as my bf and I are wont to do!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Pepperz said...

I love yer ass Spence-a-lick!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home